Best 2013 XC Mountain Bike: The Superfly 100 SL
In a recent Buyer's Guide for XC Mountain bikes, Bicycling magazine listed the 2013 Superfly SL 100 as one of the top bikes in the category!
Trek thinks even more highly of their creation. They believe that XC bikes are specifically designed to jet through the woods, whether they are hardtail or full suspension. Trek says the redesigned 2013 Superfly is lighter and more stable than all of them. Their goal in constructing the Superfly was to make the lightest and best balanced bike in the XC market. Years of designing, prototyping, investigating and research by dozens of people has been done in order to make this group of bikes the best, lightest, stiffest around. Check out this video straight from Trek.
"We did more prototyping, more investigating in this project than we ever have"
"When you look at the Superfly (SL) and the Superfly 100, you're going to see the two best bikes ever from Trek."
On the trail, the Superfly is a speed demon. Its light weight frame and 29" wheels make it fly over the terrain with ease. The Fox Race tuned-rear shock has been meticulously researched and developed... the kind of quality you can only find on a Trek bike.
Speed wasn't Trek's only focus, they pack as many features as they can onto the Superfly (100) :
•Bontrager Race X Lite tubeless ready wheels means durability and aerodynamics. Scandium alloy rims, optimized forged hub shells that feature improved drive mechanism durability over the previous generation. Race X Lite wheels continue to beat the competition.
•CTD gives you three suspension adjusmtent options: Climb, Trail, or Descend. Simple, intuitive, high performance system.
• A traditional front derailleur attaches to the frame with a band clamp. Trek's direct-mount front derailleur attaches directly to the frame using a solid flat interface. This fastening method ensures crisper, more accurate front shifting.
•Innovative derailleur placement doesn't require a band clamp, or the additional frame material for direct mounting. Reduces weight without compromising performance.
• BB95 is a 95mm OCLV Carbon bottom bracket with precision-fit sockets and press-fit bearings. Its wide stance is a stronger, stiffer platform, compatible with all major crank manufacturers. Combined with Mag EVO Link and hi-lo stays, BB95 helps your wheels track each other, rather than twist and turn with each bump.
• A 15mm front thru axle makes steering more precise for more control, and the quick-release feature makes wheel removal easy. Trek's robust and confidence inspiring rear thru axle is about 35% stiffer than an open dropout design. (142x12)
• Trek's exclusive Flow Molded carbon linkage minimizes material and weight while maintaining a strong bracing angle for a more rigid frame.
• Internal Control Routing provides a route for cumbersome shift and brake systems through the frame for a sleeker, quieter system. Save your frame from cable rub and save weight!
•MicroTruss housing guides are built right into the frame, for the lightest, cleanest external cable routing.
• Other full suspensions systems firm up under braking, reducing your control when you need it most. Trek's patented Active Braking Pivot solves that by keeping your suspension active whether you're on the brakes or off.
The Superfly Also comes in an Elite Model. It features some upgrades in the comfort and drivetrain department. Bontrager upgrades include a Race X Lite Carbon handlebar and stem. Shimano upgrades the drivetrain and the brakes to the Deore XT setup. The Superfly Elite also goes on a diet with it's OCLV Mountain carbon seat stay (100g savings) and compact crankset.
RELATED POST: Learn More About the Superfly Elite Here!
At the top of the Superfly foodchain is the Superfly 100 Pro SL. If you've got the bucks, it's the only way to ride.
Upgrades include a RockShox SID World Cup XX full carbon fork that delivers comfort to your hands for all day riding, a Fox Factory Series shock (with Kashima coat) to eat up every possible obstruction, a complete SRAM XX drivetrain for precise and sure shifting, and Avid XX World Cup brakes for the stopping power you need when you can get a bike to go as fast as this one.
Come check out the Superfly Line from Trek. We are Bumstead's Bicycles, located at 1038 W. 4th St. in Ontario, CA.
You can also reach us by telephone at: (909) 984-9067
Visit our website: www.bumsteadbikes.com